Family Service Canada helps build healthy and resilient families across the country.
To support families, we need to understand the growing complexity of the challenges they’re facing. As individuals, we lead organizations that deliver direct service to clients, and our knowledge is built through the reality we see every day.
As a national network, we deepen our understanding through the diverse knowledge, experience, and insight of our peers. Our collaborative approach benefits each of the organizations we lead. It can
- confirm or challenge our assumptions;
- fill gaps in our knowledge or understanding;
- compare existing supports to families to identify which are working well;
- help us anticipate and avoid setbacks previously encountered by other members;
- accelerate innovation by piggybacking on existing work; and
- foster jointly developed solutions, reducing the risk and cost carried by each agency.
Efficient and effective services are key to building healthy and resilient families. By working together and leveraging the wisdom of our peers, we’re better equipped to identify trends and opportunities, adapt, and respond sooner than when we try to go it alone.
Our Theory of Change maps out how we believe good agency relationships lead to healthier Canadian families. You can read our Theory of Change here.